Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Introductory Letter

Dear Pastor,

I want to thank you for the opportunity to share with you the ministry God has called my family and me to. As a pastor myself, I know that your time is valuable so I trust this information will be helpful in getting to know us and our ministry.

After completing college and seminary at Pensacola Christian College, I had the opportunity of serving as assistant pastor at Pensacola Baptist Temple where I was ordained in 2002. In September of 2003 we moved to Maryland and for the past five years my wife and I have served at the church we both grew up in, Calvary Baptist Church in Westminster, MD. I have had the privilege of serving as assistant pastor under the godly leadership of Pastor Tim Leaman. We had every intention of continuing to serve there indefinitely, but through a missions trip to Tanzania and several Scripture passages like Psalm 67:1-5 and Revelation 5:9-10, God has directed us to the unreached Datooga tribe in Tanzania.

The Datooga are a distinct tribal group with a population around 150,000. They are separated from the population at large by language, culture, and location, and as a result, less than 1% actually knows who Jesus Christ is. It is our desire to preach among the Datooga “the unsearchable riches of Christ”, so that in the ages to come all the peoples of the earth will praise His name. Lord willing we will be partnering with veteran missionaries Rodney and Lynn Myers as they continue their strategic ministry to the Datooga.

We are just beginning the deputation process and would greatly appreciate the opportunity to present our ministry to you and your church. We would love to minister to your church in any way you would desire.

Thank you for your service to our Lord and please feel free to call on us at any time.

Yours in Christ,

Aaron Shipe

No comments: